Monday, April 11, 2011

4 WEEKS OUT!






So I'm 4 weeks out from the Pittsburgh pro & I'm feelin good! Kicking up the cardio has really made for some good changes I think. I missed last week's post as I had a lot of things on my plate. My youngest who is VERY allergic to fire ants was bitten during recess 3 times in 2 weeks & it was a little scary there for a bit. We almost lost him a few years back when he was bitten once so it is a big deal in our house when he gets bitten. Luckily he's just fine now. When God gives us extra helpings on our plate, all I can do is take it 1 day at a time, focus on the priorities like family & training. I go into what I call "shutdown mode" & stay off the computer, cell phone, no recreational activities except what's absolutely necessary so I can take care of family & stay on track for the competition.
Someone recently asked me, 'What do you do when your friends or family invite you out to eat or to a movie where there is all kinds of temptations?" I said, "This close to a competition, I am laser focused & I think to myself (& sometimes tell people when I get really annoyed by their, "Oh eating out one time isn't going to kill you") Why do people love to try to break you down?? Anyways, I say, "Your friends &/or family don't have to get up on stage with you & have their pictures posted on the internet.....ahhh ha! Thanks for following & these will be my last set of pictures until the big day. Love & light, Alea

No comments:

Post a Comment